Monday, April 9, 2012

5K training

Amber & I got out our original 5K training plan from ASR.  We're going back to the start and working on running a 5K without stopping.  We are going to try the "advanced" path and see how that goes.  And we've also come to the conclusion that we are better at running together than on our own.  So we're going to try and run together whenever possible.

The weather has been perfect!  Great time to be outside.  I've got 2 friends training for half marathons right now.  Both are in about 4 weeks.  It is the first one for Lisa - she says she has 11 in her but not sure about the rest.  And believe me.......she has it in her.  She is pretty determined.  She has lost about 90 lbs and kept it off for 2 years, I believe.  She has been running for awhile now.  She's in great shape and I'm sure will have a great race.   Lori is running her 2nd.....and is having some ankle pain.  She goes to the doctor tomorrow.  Hopefully it is something simple for Lori and she can keep running.  She's pretty determined that she is going to run it.  Good Luck Lori!!!

I have a terrible cold and sore throat....but still plan on running tonight.  I want to stay on plan.   No interuptions.  

Happy Running to everyone! Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment