Monday, April 30, 2012

Checking in......

Last week I ran Sunday - Wed.  Took Thurs & Friday off.  Then ran again Saturday & Sunday.  I'm trying really hard to change my thought process.....No intervals on my watch.  Just run as much as I can.  It's all a battle in my head....but I am running more so I think it is working!  

The last few times I've ran...my calves have reminded me about the pains I used to get in them.  I think it is because I run on the outside of my feet.   When I was running minute or a couple of minute intervals.......I didn't have to deal with it.  But now that I'm running more......it's back.  So I think I need to figure out some stretches or try to change my running stride.  That should be interesting.....

Race schedule for the summer: 

Possibly May 19th - Pound the Pavement  - 5K
June 23rd - Summerfest 5K 
July 25th - Sundown Dash 5K 
October 13 - Half marathon in Sheboygan 
5K @ St. Mary's Church in Milton.....whenever that is.  October, I think. 

What's on your schedule?  

Teri - did you sign up for the Sarasota Half for next year? 

Happy Running!!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment